Sunday, May 1, 2011
1. The Bible claims to be God’s Word. This does not make it such, but it does make it a document to be reckoned with.
2. The Bible is historically accurate.
3. Archeology and extra-biblical sources continue to verify its accuracy.
4. The Bible has been preserved over time despite many attempts to destroy it.
5. The Bible was recognized as having a divine author from early on.
6. The Bible displays an amazing unity (i.e, salvation in Jesus Christ) amidst incredible diversity.
7. The Bible points ultimately to the living Word of God, Jesus.
Lu. 24:44 “all that was written in the psalms, the law and the prophets was written about me.”
John 5:39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and wit is they that bear witness about me
8. The Bible provides supernatural insights into the world and life that extends beyond the human ability of the writers to know.
9. The Bible contains prophecies that demonstrate a divine author.
a. Predictions in O.T. history that have been fulfilled.
b. Prophecies fulfilled in Jesus (most written 700-1000 before He was born). Isa. 7:14; 9:6; 53; Ps. 22; Zech. 9:9
c. Prophecies yet to be fulfilled. Mt. 24; Rev. 15-21
10. The Bible has led to many changed lives.
With all of this said, the best way to know the Bible is God’s Word is to read it and experience its power firsthand.